Gudeg is a traditional food from Yogyakarta, Indonesia which is made from boiled young nangka (jack fruit), palm sugar, and coconut milk as it's main ingredients. Gudeg designated as Yogyakarta's icon, that's why Yogyakarta known as the City of Gudeg (Jogja Kota Gudeg).
- 1 kg young jackfruit (preferably not too young)
- 2000 ml of water
- 10 young teak leaves
- 75 grams of brown sugar
- 4 cm galangal, crushed
- 8 bay leaves
- 750 ml coconut milk
- 350 grams chicken claw
- 10 hard-boiled eggs intact, peel the skin so that the seasonings more pervasive
- 10 pcs chilies
- salt as needed
- 10 pcs red onion
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds, toasted
- 6 pcs pecans, toasted
- Clean and wash jack fruit, cut into smaller sized.
- Boil chicken claw for a while in order to get softer meat.
- Cover the pan bottom with five pieces of teak leaves and insert the jackfruit and water and cover again with the rest of teak leaves. Boil it in low heat for 3 hours.
- In another container, boiled coconut milk with spices, brown sugar, galangal, and bay leaf, stir until boiling. Pour coconut milk and eggs in jackfruit stew in which the water is reduced and boiled for 1 hour to dry.
- Put small chilies in the top. Take out and remove when soup is getting dry.
- Serve it with rice and krupuk.